Contemporary Dance Styles and TechniquesDecember 5, 2017
Contemporary dance styles and techniques combine the discipline, control and poise of more traditional dance forms with the free movement and spatial expansion of modern, experimental dance modes. Adults and children alike can gain fluidity of movement, greater understanding of improvisation and the freedom to express themselves individually and in groups, through dance. Adults who have enjoyed classical dance styles, ballroom dancing, tap and jazz dance often report improved muscular flexibility and responsiveness when they participate in contemporary dance classes and groups. Children who learn modern dance modes along with their studies of traditional dances strengthen their bodies while gaining essential understanding of varied dance styles. While combining the practice of classical dance patterns and steps with free-form movement on smooth, open dance floors, they are encouraged to engage in creative, experimental dance.
Modern-day Dance Styles and Techniques for Better Student Skills and Enjoyment
Contemporary dance techniques and forms that enhance and strengthen the skills, understanding and enjoyment of dancers of all ages include the following:
- Hip Hop. - This lively, upbeat form of dance invites and encourages students to use their own unique innovative skills and sensibilities to add creative style and spark to this creative form of choreography. Its varied, energetic rhythms are inspiring to all, including beginning students, making it nearly impossible to stand still once the music starts. Both experienced dancers and new students find this dance style a delightful way to participate and learn on their feet, gaining limber muscles, movement skills and pure, free enjoyment while practicing Hip Hop with their fellow students and friends.
- Zumba. - Both teenagers and adults find this type of dance captivating and enjoyable. Popular at many parties and other social events, Zumba is based on Latin rhythms and movements. Advanced students of this dance form often perform strenuous moves that combine studied choreography and individualized dance patterns and steps. Due to the sometimes athletic stamina, skill and body strength necessary to perform some of the more advanced and complex moves and sequences of this dance, it is often considered an ideal form of exercise.
- Modern Improvisation. - This contemporary dance mode is designed to help students gain greater awareness of the space around them as they move freely about the dance floor, experimenting with flexible, creative body shapes, movements and choreography. Modern music modes that accompany this improvisational dance encourage dancers of all levels of skill to reach new levels of achievement in using their bodies as fluid, unlimited instruments to form new spatial patterns and artistic statements with relaxed yet dynamic and ever-evolving forms of movement.
By enrolling in the many and varied dance instruction classes offered by Southcoast Dance School with locations in Rye and Tootgarook, you and/or your children will gain strong dance skills while improving your physical fitness, acquiring new friends and thoroughly enjoying the wonderful and diverse art of dance. This exciting, innovative dance school expertly combines traditional dance forms and techniques with modern choreography and the free-form movement of contemporary dance modes to instruct, encourage and delight dancers of all ages and skill levels as they join in performing the beautiful, stylish and intriguing art of dance.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- The Impact of Choreography and Music in Dancing
- Contemporary Dance Styles and Techniques
- Southcoast Dance School: Helping You Set and Achieve Your Dance Goals
- Why It's Never Too Late To Start Dancing
- Hip Hop Dance: From the Streets to Global Recognition
- Reasons Why Dancing Can Help Relieve Stress
- Tap Dancing Classes: The History of Tap Dance
- History of Jazz Dance
- Enhance Your Child's Natural Dance Talent with Dance Lessons and Training
- The Southcoast Dance School Experience: Encouraging Children to Reach Their Dreams
- Why Mature Adults and Seniors Should Participate in Zumba Fitness
- The Positive Effects of Kinder Dance Lessons for Children
- Health and Emotional Benefits of Taking up Dancing Lessons
- The Edgy and Complex Beats of Hip Hop Dancing Makes it Fun to Learn
- Top 5 Reasons Why You Should Take Up Jazz Dancing Classes
- Zumba Fitness Dance: What Are the Benefits?
- Ballet Dance History and Artistry: What Makes It Uniquely Beautiful?
- Tap Dance Facts: History and What Makes It Unique?
- Key Qualities that a Professional Dance School Should Have
- Benefits of Enrolling in a Professional Dance School